Really, the title of this page is a misnomer since I don’t write stories about organizations or campaigns. I write about people. People who benefit from an organization’s work; people who lead important social and environmental campaigns. Some of these stories have been published and others have been used internally and in other ways.
Here are a few stories about people I’ve had the honour to ‘meet’ over the last couple of years.
2011 Giving in Action 2010 grant recipients (written for the 2012 Annual Report). The grants provided by GiA enable families with a child who has a disability to stay together by addressing accessibility issues in their homes and communities.
2010 Giving in Action 2010 grant recipients (written for the 2011 Annual Report).
- Debbie Cumby about her daughter, Sasha: Sasha’s Voice
- Gary Foyston about his daughter, Yarah: A Father’s Love
- Lili Hoogland about her son, John: John’s Story
- Jillian Napier about her son, Jay: Celebrating Jay
- April Plasteras about her daughters, Angela and Carly: A Home of Their Own
Vancity 2010 grant recipients
- Diane Cairns about the Biggest Little Garden in Town
- Geoffrey Vincent about the BEST Bicycle Valet
- Heather Johnstone about the Edible Gardens Project
- Sean Griffin about Getting Off the Bottle
- Tara McDonald about Your Local Farmer’s Market
- Peter Thompson about Hope in Shadows
- Ange Myers about Street Youth Job Action
- Janna Dieleman about Food for the Soul